Main Menu

Ladder Tournament 2017 - Reports

Started by Vazdru, 15-01-2018, 10:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firestarter

Firestarter - Tazi 3-2

Game 1:
Game 1 started with some lands on both sides after a mulligan 6 from me. I coult Drain his Treasure Cruise and play a Thundermaw Hellkite. At 7 life he played FTK and Lightning Bolt. I drew too much land and lost against a slow beatdown.

Game 2:
Game 2 started with a mulligan 6 from Tazi and a Sylvan Library in turn 3, which got him back into the game, I had a massive Counterwall with misdirection. After a counterbattle I could bring him down with my beatdown. His Treasure Cruise was canceled from my Clique.

Game 3:
In game 3 I had a hand with one Land but Ancestral Vision and another Wasteland which took his only land. After some draws I had a big counterwall and Price of Progress for 10 and my Torrential Gearhulk killed him with second Price.

Game 4
Tazi had his best hand and I could not stop him, controlling the game. He finished me with Scapeshift countering my Price of Progress in response to his trigger.

Game 5
I stopped playing lands at 4 lands, but could counter some Threats. His Tasigur knocked at my door, I could rerace him with Price of Progress and Snapcaster Mage (without spell). My end of turn Lightning Bolt killed him at three life.

Every game was a close one, thanks for the games!

Vazdru

reminder @ r4nd0m & K0d013e4st

Quote from: Vazdru on 04-02-2018, 12:27:15 AM
First round of Ladder Tournament is in the books.
Please finish second round no later than 02.03.
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 26-02-2018, 09:37:22 PM
reminder @ r4nd0m & K0d013e4st

Quote from: Vazdru on 04-02-2018, 12:27:15 AM
First round of Ladder Tournament is in the books.
Please finish second round no later than 02.03.

Match is scheduled on Monday March, 5th
Far below the earth

Payron

r4nd0m1

3:1 vs K0d0

Replays will be posted soon. Thanks for playing, ggs!

EDIT: http://www.filedropper.com/180305replayladder2017r2vsk0d0

Vazdru

current pairings:

winner-bracket: r4nd0m vs firestarter

looser-bracket: K0d013e4st vs Vazdru

deadline: April, 4th
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 06-03-2018, 12:35:18 AM
current pairings:

winner-bracket: r4nd0m vs firestarter

looser-bracket: K0d013e4st vs Vazdru

deadline: April, 4th

K0d013e4st vs Vazdru will take place tonight 9 PM
Far below the earth

Vazdru

K0d013e4st (Sultai Midrange) vs Vazdru (Dimir Necrotic Ooze)

1:3
report follows
Far below the earth

Vazdru

g1: i have a decent first 7 on the play: Gitaxian Probe, Thoughtseize, Jace Prodigy, Fetchland, Land, Dig Through Time, Treasure Cruise! Thoughtseize takes his Remand and leave him with some lands, Cryptic Command and Gearhulk. I play Jace T2 and he got Hymn from the top which hits Dig Though Time + Land. Jace flips and Treasure Cruise refills my hand. Jace took control as his threats and buisness spells got countered and discarded. Furthermore Champion of Withs and Baleful Strix blocks his manlands. Replayed Treasure Cruise and resolved Ancestral Visions grants me enough card advantage. His Thrun do not harm much as I can animate Jin-Gitaxias for his concession.

g2: After mull i have 4 lands + Hymn + Clique and Demonic Tutor on top. He keeps a one-lander with some cantrips and have Sylvan Library on the play. My Hymn hits Sultai Charm and Kitchen Finks. He can afford to pay some lp to balance this card loss. My Clique is countered. He plays Sylvan Advocate + Leovold which denies me from drawing some extra cards as I've had Baral, Miscaculation and Remand but no spot removal. He slowroll his Mana Drain and can counter Buried Alive. With Dig Through Time, Mystical Teachings, Thoughtseize and Snapcaster he is able to ship this game home.

g3: This is a fast one – my first 7 were 3 lands, Jace Prodigy, Exhume, Necromancy and Rystic Tutor. My Jace was force spiked T2. When he fetch eot of my T3 i play Intution but he has Daze + Cycle Unearth. In his T3 he plays Thoughtseize (Rystic Tutor) + Tasigur which looks grim. But i have Brainstorm, play land + Careful Study and exhume my freshly discarded Jin Gitaxias for 7 extra cards at endstep. He can't find an answer so a 18 cards swing within 2 turns leads to a concession.

g4: i have only one land in my first 20 cards but keep this 6: Island, Ancestral Visions, Preordain, Careful Study, Remand and Champion of Wits.  He kept 7 but is unable to find a third land for almsot 10 turns. So I can even win this one although Preordain reveals 2 non-landcards but third one is fetchland finally so Careful Study grants another one (at cost of another card). Baral and some counterspells give some protection and loots some unnecessary cards away. Nevertheless he can Force of Will my Vision but I have Jace Prodigy again which flips turn later and replays some Cantrips. I counter his Snapcaster and Reanimate it turn later so Baral and Snapcaster Beatdown end this game.

thx fort he ggs and cya Saturday!
Far below the earth

Vazdru

as clarification:

Further matches:

Winner of Payron vs Vazdru plays vs Looser of firestarter vs r4nd0m (Small final)

Winner of small final plays vs Winner of firestarter vs r4nd0m
(if winner of small final wins, there will be another one)
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Payron (4c Scapeshift w/o W) vs Vazdru (Dimir-Ooze-Combo)

Cockatrice safed no replays this time, so ...
g1: I have Entomb, Reanimate and Duress + 2 lands (both generating black) on the draw. T2 he plays Deathrite Shaman which would be one turn too slow...so Entomb gets Griselbrand, Duress got countered with Spell Pierce so way is up for Reanimate -> he plays Force of Will. Next turn he drops Scavenging Ooze, Deathrite eats a land in my gy, Ooze eats my Griselbrand. But he is down to 2 cards and can't draw any lands so i just had the plan to grind him out in this game. So Jace, Vryn Prodigy took contral after Toxic Deluge ripped the board. I have some crtitters like Necrotic Ooze, Clique and True-Name Nemesis and double Fact or Fiction generating some card advantage. As his deck refuses to present lands this one wasn't quite close.

g2: i have a fantastic hand again, with T1 Discard some Counterspells, Liliana the last Hope, Necrotic Ooze and True-Name-Nemesis. He can't find lands but me. So Shred Memory got transmuted to Demonic Tutor, Liliana revived Ooze and Demonic found Buried Alive to get Necrotic Ooze ready for take off.

g3: i have another fantastic hand: T1 Discard -> Deathrite Shaman. Futhermore 2 lands, Reanimate, FoW, Demonic Tutor, Baral. I got a land + Mana Leak from the Top, FoW + Baral countered his T2 Sylvan Library, T2 -> Demonic Tutor for Buried Alive and T4-Kill while he was almost tapped out and I was knowing most of his handcards which weren't of any use in this situation.

Sorry for the screw and the one-sided games.

0:3  
Far below the earth

firestarter

Firestarter - R4nd0m1 3-2

Report follows

Vazdru

small final:

R4nd0m1 - Vazdru

match has to be finished no later than May 7th
Far below the earth

Vazdru

r4nd0m (Izzet-Control) - Vazdru (Dimir-Combo)

we played on chickatrice, so no replays just game-log:

g1: we both keep after free-mull, we won the roll and starts with island + sleigth of hand. I have Baral, Hymn, Cabal Therapy, Necromancy, Mystical Confluence, one Island and Swamp and start with Swamp go. He plays Mountain go, I play Baral which sticks. He plays True-Name Nemesis T3, i've got Buried Alive from the top and play it for combo-tools, then i play cabal Therapy (name Mana Drain) and he reveals: Magus of the Moon, Price of Progress, Venser, Land and Arc Trail. I maybe misplayed a bit sacrifice Baral to flashback Therapy for Discard Venser as I've had already Necromany for next turn kill. He can't find a counterspell and slammed Magus of the Moon so combo-kill Turn 4.

g2: we both keep first 7 and I have a nice one with Island, Sunken Ruins, Duress, Peek, Entomb, Animate Dead, T1 he played Mental Misstep on my Peek which was unlucky for him as he didn't know I have Duress+Entomb too. T2 I play Sunken Ruins, Duress (-> Negate) and Entomb for Griselbrand. Animate Dead sticks T3, he tries to stifle my draw seven once but I've had Force of Will for that so 14 extracards made the game.

g3: he chose to draw t1, i had to go down to 6 cards but have a decent start again with Fetchland for Island and Ancestral Vision T1, T2 I play Demonic on Entomb as I've had already Exhume in hand. He played Young Pyromancer, Gitaxian Probe and can see his doom. T3 I play Entomb for Griselbrand and Exhume. As he hasn't had a FoW or Daze the next extracards were too much again. He tries to Jace TMS T4 but I had Daze for his concession.

Quite brutal draws of my combo deck and no Daze or FoW on his side which could have stopped my all-in-deck.
Thanks for the games!
Far below the earth

Vazdru

grand final:

firestarter - Vazdru

match has to be finished no later than June 6th

if firestarter loses there will be another one
Far below the earth