Main Menu

Ladder Tournament 2017 - Reports

Started by Vazdru, 15-01-2018, 10:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Pairings: (seed)   

Winner-Bracket                                                                                           
   TaZi 3 UGrb Scapeshift vs    

dsck 2 UWb Control                                            TaZi 2 UGbr Scapeshift vs    

firestarter 3 Izzet Control                                               
   firestarter 3 Izzet Control vs    

Vazdru 2 UB Necro                                                                                        firestarter 3 Izzet Control    vs    
                                                                                           r4nd0m 2 Izzet Control   
   r4nd0m 3 Izzet Control vs    

Silberhase 1 Academy                                            r4nd0m 3 Izzet Control vs    

K0d013e4st 1 Sultai Midrange                                               
   Payron 0 4c (w/o W) Scapeshift vs    

K0d013e4st 3 Sultai Midrange                                                                                           

Looser-Bracket                                                                                           
   dsck 0 UWb Control vs    
                                         K0d013e4st 1  Sultai Midrange vs    

Vazdru 3 Dimir Ooze                                             Vazdru 3 Dimir Ooze                                               
                                                                                           Vazdru 3 Dimir Ooze    vs    
                                                                                           Payron 0 4c (w/o W) Scapeshift   
                                               Payron 3 4c (w/o W) Scapeshift vs    

TaZi 2 UGbr Scapeshift                                               
   Silberhase 2 Academy vs    

Payron 3 4c (w/o W) Scapeshift                                                                                           

Seeding list:

1. TaZi - Top 8 Limited GP Utrecht, Champion HL GP X in 2012, Online Champion 2015 + 2016, Reigning HLL Champion, Runner-Up Metagame Masters #4
2. Payron - Runner-Up Metagame Masters #3, Online Champion 2013
3. r4nd0m - Top 8 + Top 16 Austrian Nationals, Online Champion 2012
4. firestarter - 11 times HL GP Top 8, German HL National Champion 2011, HLL Online Champion Season 30
5. Vazdru - Top 8 HL GP in 2014, Runner-Up The One 2017
6. Silberhase - 4 times Top 8 Metagame Masters (Runner-Up MGM #3, Top 4 MGM #2, Top 8 MGM #5 + #6)
7. K0d013e4st - Top 16 HL Cup in 2017
8. dsck - Top 8 Finnish Legacy Championship 2011, HLL Online Runner-Up Season 26
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

r4nd0m1

3:1 vs Silberhase
If decklists will be published after round 1, I will upload the replay, if that is okay.

Vazdru

Quote from: r4nd0m1 on 21-01-2018, 09:16:26 PM

3:1 vs Silberhase
If decklists will be published after round 1, I will upload the replay, if that is okay.

gratz

yes, decklists will be published after round 1 on tappedout.net
upload the replays would be nice
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Decklist r4nd0m / Izzet Control: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-01-18-vMx-izzet/

Decklist Silberhase / Academy: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-01-18-academy
Far below the earth

r4nd0m1

Vazdru

Far below the earth

K0d013e4st

K0d013e4st(HittelBUG) - Payron (Scapeshift) 3-0

G1: he was stuck at 2 mana and my Thrun won me that game very quick.

G2: was a long game with a transformed SFA on my and a Tasigur on his side. In the end ,I had luck that my draws was better than his

G3: I had a Deathrite Shaman into a Lili which he could kill 2 turns later. A grim flayer and a hymn which kills his hand won me the game

Thx for the games

Vazdru

Quote from: K0d013e4st on 25-01-2018, 11:19:25 PM
K0d013e4st(HittelBUG) - Payron (Scapeshift) 3-0

report follows

gratz

you can already date your next opponents if you like

K0d013e4st vs r4nd0m -> Semifinals (winner-bracket)
Silberhase vs Payron -> first round looser-bracket

decklists will be online soon
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Far below the earth

Vazdru

Far below the earth

Payron

Silberhase (Artifact Combo) vs Payron (4c Scapeshift)

2:3

report follows

Vazdru

Far below the earth

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 05-02-2018, 12:43:12 AM
dsck (UWb https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uwb-special-edition/) - Vazdru (Dimir Ooze https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ub-necro/)

0:3

report follows

g1: His first 7 are 4 lands, one of it Maze of Ith, Back to Basics, Muddle the Mixture and Fact or Fiction. My T1 Thoughtseize took away Back to Basics as I've had only 2 lands and one of it was Sunken Ruins. Furthermore I've had Opt, Mana Drain, Animate Dead and Thirst for Knowledge. T2 I suspend Ancestral Visions and play Opt. His T3 Lingering Souls has been countered by Mana Drain so in my Turn I am able to play Thirst (discard Baleful Strix) + Treasure Cruise for massive card advantage. He plays Glen Elendra T4 so I've had a window for Liliana, the last hope + Hymn to Tourach (Fact or Fiction + Muddle the Mixture). Glen Elendra counters Ancestral Visions but dies afterwards to Liliana which ticks up to 5 already. I've got Demonic Tutor and has been ready for combo kill #1 shortly afterwards.

g2: He keeps 5 lands, Mana Drain and Moat. I have 3 lands, Demonic Tutor, Dig Through Time, Intuition, Cryptic Command and Necromancy. After 3 draws he had only two relevant Spell (Mana Drain, Gideon), Moat + Path to Exile - rest are lands. Intuition resolves and Devourer gets discarded in end step as i refused playing a land this turn. Combo was ready to be fired. Nevertheless he has gathered some good defense with Mana Drain, Counter Spell + Force of Will. So Necromancy got countered like Treasure Cruise too. Demonic resolves for Reanimate but he finds another Counterspell from the top. His Gideon faces True-Name Nemesis, anyhow he is able to hit me to 4 lp before Gideon dies. He tries to lock me out of this game with back to basics which is hard as i also play 17 basic lands so i can play my new drawn Dance of the Dead right in time for combo-kill #2.  

g3: we both take a free mull and I keep this one: Island, Swamp, Bazaar, Inquisition of Kozilek, Remand, Fact or Fiction and Jin-Gitaxias. My Inquisition takes Enlightened Tutor and left him with Ponder, 3 Lands and Mystic Confluence. We have some draw-go-action and cantrips. Bazaar cycles some cards and Search for Azcanta hit the board on my side of the table. He tries to exile it with Council's Judgment which got Remanded. Search flips and i play Intuition but can't search my library because he has Shadow of Doubt. Now the way is clear for Dance of the Dead which brings Jin-Gitaxias online which gave me some fresh cards in endstep. He replays Councils Judgment and Jin got exiled and he draws a few cards with Treasure Cruise. But i've had already Demonic for Force of Will, Buried Alive and Reanimate in hands for combo-kill #3.

Thanks for ggs.
Far below the earth

TaZi

Payron