Main Menu

[HLL] Scoreboard / Schedule- Season XXIX

Started by hitman, 13-02-2017, 11:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitman

Welcome to the Season XXIX of the HLL.

We got 12 registered players. This means we are playing 4 rounds of swiss followed by a T4.

Pairings Round 1:

Phinp      0 - 2      Payron   
   Georg B      2 - 0      pmk   
   r4nd0m      2 - 1      Silberhase   
   Vazdru      0 - 2      firestarter   
   TaZi      2 - 0      Iulus   
   derStefan82      2 - 0      Larry   

Pairings Round 2:

Payron      0 - 2      r4nd0m   
   TaZi      2 - 0      Georg B   
   firestarter      1 - 2      derStefan82   
   Phinp      0 - 2      Silberhase   
   Larry      1 - 2      Vazdru   
   pmk      2 - 1      Iulus   

Pairings Round 3:

r4nd0m      1 - 2      TaZi   
   derStefan82      2 - 1      Georg B   
   Payron      1 - 2      firestarter   
   Silberhase      1 - 2      Vazdru   
   pmk      1 - 2      Larry   
   Iulus      2 - 0      Phinp   

Pairings Round 4:

derStefan82      2 - 0      TaZi   
   r4nd0m      2 - 0      Vazdru   
   Georg B      0 - 2      firestarter   
   Payron      2 - 0      Iulus   
   pmk      0 - 2      Silberhase   
   Larry      0 - 0      Phinp   

So here are the final Standings

1   derStefan82      12   
2   firestarter      9   
3   r4nd0m       9   
4   TaZi      9   
5   Vazdru      6   
6   Payron      6   
7   Silberhase      6   
8   Larry      4   
9   Georg B      3   
10   Iulus      3   
11   pmk      3   
12   Phinp      1   

Semi-Finals:

derStefan82   3    -      TaZi   0
   firestarter   0    -      r4nd0m   3

Finals:

derStefan82       -      r4nd0m   

This round ends: Apr. 23th at 9pm.

Please remember to update Cockatrice to the newest version. If you have any questions feel free to ask via message, but please take Vazdru bcc to ensure a fast answer.

Have fun!

Payron

Phinp (Grixis Control) vs Payron (4c Scapeshift)

0:2

Report follows as video

derStefan82

derStefan82 (Sultai Combo-Control) - Larry (Esper Control) 2:0

kept a hand with teachings, demonic tutor, watery grave, bayou, snow-covered swamp, creeping tar pit and spell snare against an unknown opponent

DT on starthand allows turn 3 oath against aggro decks which is normally enough

- Larry: Island -> Ancestral Vision
- Me: Underground Sea
- Larry: Tundra (he draws 2 instead of 1 but we agree to undo second draw)
- Me: Draw Raven's Crime, Snow Swamp -> and deciding for DT Loam as it seems like UW Control or some grindy control matchup and Crime + Loam should be good there
- Larry: Isolated Chapel
- Me: Draw Condescend, Bayou -> Ravens Crime twice discarding tar pit and leaving mana open for Spell Snare
- Larry: missing land drop (discarded Plains into Crime)
- Me: Draw Glacial Chasm, Watery Grave utapped
- Larry: Upkeep in response to Ancestral Vision I cast Teachings for Force pitching Spell Snare, he plays Misty Rainforest
- Me: Double Raven's Crime + Loam, he responds with Fact of Fiction, he gets Mana Leak, Snapcaster and discards Double Land and Detention Sphere
- Larry: Thoughtseize my Condescend
- Me: Creeping Tarpit, Double Raven's Crime, leaving him with just Snapcaster in hand and me on 5 Lands, Playing Loam gets countered by Snapped Mana Leak
- Larry: Attack with Snapcaster, Dig Through Time into Tec Edge, Hymn, Hymn discarding my 2 Lands in Hand
- Me: Draw Counterspell
- Larry: Ponder, Wall of Omens, I respond with flashback Teachings for Intuition, he vindicates Tar Pit and Attacks with Snapcaster (me 14 Life)
- Me: Draw Remand, Intuition for Wasteland, Thespian Stage, Dark Depth, he is already second round in topdeck mode as I can Crime all his handcards he doesn't play, get Depth and play it, Remand mana still open
- Larry: Helm of Obedience gets Remanded and me dredging Loam, get attacked by Snapcaster to 12 Life, he has Tec Edge and Kor Haven to disturb my combo but I have Wasteland in grave
- Me: Loam for Waste, Stage + Land, Crime the Helm, playing Wasteland, leaving Counterspell mana open, Waste his Tec Edge
- Larry: Attacks me to 10
- Me: Draw Hero's Downfall, Crime away his Ugin
- Larry: Attack, Snapcaster get's killed by Downfall, he Brainstorms into Narset but then he searches his Library instead of looking only top library with Narset and concedes because of this and telling me that there are 2 lands on top of his library

- Me: mulligan to six into Foothills, Snow Forest, Lat-Nam's Legacy, Beast Within, Treasure Cruise, Misstep which seems like a solid hand against control, scrying Mana Leak on top
- Larry: Celestial Colonade
- Me: Wooded Foothills
- Larry: Probe which I respond with Fetch->Tropical Misstep as I don't want to give him information, he preordains afterwards, he forgets his land drop
- Me: Draw Emrakul, Snow Forest
- Larry: Misty, me Eot Lat-Nams Legacy which gets Spell Snared
- Me: Draw Thespian Stage, play it
- Larry: Baleful Strix which I Mana Leak, I'm unsure if this is correct as I'm not really worried about it but I want to start cruising so I decide to do it
- Me: Draw Force of will, missing land dorp
- Larry: Draws 3 cards instead of 1 and concedes because he did already quite some misplays, I offered to undo

Thanks for the games.

Vazdru

TaZi (Izzet-Control) vs Iulus (CradleHoof)

2:0

report follows
Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

firestarter

Vazdru - Firestarter 0-2

In game 1 I had a very good Hand with Turn 2 Crop Rotation into Academy with some Artifacts. In Turn 3 I played Capture of Jinghzou and Tezzeret. Vazdru gave up.
In Game 2 Vazdru countered the Candelabra but had nothing but BTB. I tutored for chain, which eot resolved and Slavered him. My Yawgmoth´s Will was good enough to kill him and he gave up.

Good games!

TaZi

TaZi 2:0 lulus   

we played in real life and Gerry wrote down the plays. Unfortunately he didn't recorded the starting hands.

Game 1
=======
We both keep our first seven cards and I start with Portent. Julius who is playing a Ramp deck with red splash has an arbor elf. On his second turn, I play miscalculation, to counter his Joraga Treespeaker. On my third turn, I sneak in a dack fayden and hope that not too much fat will hit the table. Polukranos enters the game on turn 3, which is big, but can still be handled by chain lightning and forked bolt. A green zenith is countered and on my turn 5 I can resolve a Stormbreath dragon, to put some pressure on the table. Lulus resolves sylvan library and deathrite shaman. I cycle into vendillion clique with dack and think, that I'm safe now, but in the drawstep on his sixth turn, he has primeval titan and woodland bellower in hand, which are both pretty good. I take the titan, and win the very close race against the bellower and his friends (being fierce empath into craterhoof behemoth)

Game 2
=======
We both go down to six and Lulus starts with forest into quirion ranger. I have Grim lavamancer and thing in the ice in the next two turns. On turn 3 he plays Polukranos again but this time, I sandbagged a Karakas to bounce him. A bit more problematic is the bloodbraid elf into scavenging ooze on the next turn as I'm quite low on cards in the graveyard. However after taking some hits from these guys, the thing in the ice flips and eventually wins the game with the resulting tempo.

Vazdru

r4nd0m 2 - Silberhase 1

report follows 
Far below the earth

Georg B

Georg (Blood) 2:0 pmk (Jund)

Game 1:
pmk takes mulligan to 5 on the play, I kept 7.
I had Elvish Mystic, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Hymn to Tourach, Knight of the Reliquary, Elspeth, Swords to Plowshares, Bloodbraid Elf (into Nissa), no real game here...

Game 2:
I took a mulligan to 7, he kept.
I had Swords to Plowshared for his turn 1 Elf
He managed to drop Scavenging Ooze and Sylvan Advocate before I could destroy his second land. My own Ooze kept his Ooze from growing.
I got Liliana of the Veil letting him sac his Advocate. I blocked his Ooze with my own (both died)
When I played Thoughtseize he had still just 2 lands and I saw 2 3-Drops and a Demonic Tutor. (Tutor got discarded)
I had Tireless Tracker as my last card from hand.
His Chain Lightning killed my Liliana.
I had a land the turn after and a Shambling Vent already in play.
That was almost game.

pmk got a bit unlucky, and my permission sealed the second game.

ggs

hitman

Vazdru

I've meet Paul (pmk) and Artus (Larry) yesterday for playing some games.
Although we started about 19.45 we weren't able to finish all games (Invitational & HLL) before Pub closed at 0.00  :)

So here's the first part of

Larry (Esper-Control) vs Vazdru (UGb Time Walk)

1: He won the roll and while i've kept a medicore hand after free mull he went down to 6. We both started with some Islands go. T3 he played Duress. I've tried Mana Drain which gets denied by Negate. Out of: Snapaster, Cyclonic Rift, Jace TMS and three lands he took Jace to hit the bin. While I've drawn only lands and ramp he is able to have Wall of Omens and as Narset Transcendent hit the table somehow it got nuts. Councils Judgment with rebound as my Fow has been countered by his FoW followed by Treasure Cruise with Rebound...when he played Dig Through Time I've conceded.

2: This time I've gone down to 6 while he kept 7 after free mull. I started with suspended Ancestral Visions he had Collonade. I played Forest, Wild Groth enchanting Island and Scavenging Ooze. While I've had Deathrite Shaman he is able to play Sorin, Lord of Innistrad which made some dudes to keep Ooze in check. My Jace TMS stuck too but as he Demonic into True-Name Nemesis it was hard to protect my PW. As I flooded the board with creatures and he was already down to 6 lp he was in need to play Supreme Verdict to stabilize. As he overlooked his own Kor haven once (which would have safed him some lp/damage of Tarmogoyf) and my Treetop Village I was able to bring that game home somehow.

to be continued... 
Far below the earth

r4nd0m1

Quote from: Vazdru on 26-02-2017, 07:16:31 PM
r4nd0m 2 - Silberhase 1

report follows 

I have, unfortunately, only very little recollection of the actual details of the match. I wanted to upload the replays from Cockatrice, but they werent available anymore after a few days.

Academy vs Academy

Game 1 he had a significantly better draw than me and showed me one of his combos.

Game 2 my deck gave me lots of mana and Mindslaver plus Academy Ruins.

In game 3 I had to mulligan to 6, only with an early Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas as action. I started attacking right away, while Silberhase tried to go off with Teferi, Temporal Archmage, but couldnt. Fabricate for Mindslaver gave me the extraturn to win.

ggs

derStefan82

derStefan82 (BUG Combo-Control) vs Firestarter (Academy) 2:1

Game 1:

Keep a hand with Probe, Counter, Muddle the Mixture, Map which seems ok for me against Academy.
Draw into more counters so that I'm able to counter all his acceleration and Winter Orb.
Eventually I can cast Oath with having Orchard in play and win via Emrakul + Dragon Breath.

Game 2:
Keep a hand with Loam, Mystical, Impulse and Misstep for action.
Unfortunately he drops first round Boseiju which I haven't planned with and I'm really afraid of.
I'm able to counter his Expedition Map but he finds Ruins to get back his Map + Deserted Temple.
I play Intuition for Depth (Stage in Hand) and Ravens Crime, Wasteland to get the Academy madness under control next turn + Disrupting his hand.
He plays Academy and cracks his Eggs for Value, at this point I think I missplay it as he plays Demonic Tutor with 6 open mana and only 1 card in hand.
I could have Spell Pierced to get him to 4 mana, at the time I said ok I regret not doing it so he is able to find Timespiral and ruins my Hand and Grave.
After a lot of timetwistering he is able to assemble the Slaver lock.

Game 3:
I keep a hand with Ritual, Dark Petition, Fastbond and Crop Rotation. Unfortunately I miss on green mana but I think that this hand can win against Academy faster then the Academy deck should be able to win.
Game goes different as expected as he drops Oath and I have Swan Song in hand. So I'm thinking about if I should counter it with Swan Song or if I should get greedy and try to abuse the Oath myself.
I decide for the second option as it's unsure if he has Orchard in hand and I have the counter for any tutor for it which is generating the token on his side and as a backup I would have Dark Petition and Crop Rotation for my own Orchard + Wasteland as a backup.
He plays Fastbond which I counter with Swan Song which he follows with Orchard.
So I have to think if I should risk a Doomsday line or go for Orchard, Wasteland. I decide for Orchard, Wasteland as I still have no green mana to finish next Turn with Doomsday guaranteed and I don't want to risk him resolving Oath.
He Mysticals for Regrowth and gets Orchard back so the game is stalled for a couple of turns.
I'm able to shred his Orchard again with Tec Edge, but before I get my first Oath activation he Time Walks into Upheaval (playing in topdeck mode).
As I still have Fastbond and Intution I'm able to pretty fast assemble Depth + Stage and win with Marit Large.

Thanks for good games.

Vazdru

Quote from: Vazdru on 03-03-2017, 02:35:29 PM
I've meet Paul (pmk) and Artus (Larry) yesterday for playing some games.
Although we started about 19.45 we weren't able to finish all games (Invitational & HLL) before Pub closed at 0.00  :)

So here's the first part of

Larry (Esper-Control) vs Vazdru (UGb Time Walk)

1: He won the roll and while i've kept a medicore hand after free mull he went down to 6. We both started with some Islands go. T3 he played Duress. I've tried Mana Drain which gets denied by Negate. Out of: Snapaster, Cyclonic Rift, Jace TMS and three lands he took Jace to hit the bin. While I've drawn only lands and ramp he is able to have Wall of Omens and as Narset Transcendent hit the table somehow it got nuts. Councils Judgment with rebound as my Fow has been countered by his FoW followed by Treasure Cruise with Rebound...when he played Dig Through Time I've conceded.

2: This time I've gone down to 6 while he kept 7 after free mull. I started with suspended Ancestral Visions he had Collonade. I played Forest, Wild Groth enchanting Island and Scavenging Ooze. While I've had Deathrite Shaman he is able to play Sorin, Lord of Innistrad which made some dudes to keep Ooze in check. My Jace TMS stuck too but as he Demonic into True-Name Nemesis it was hard to protect my PW. As I flooded the board with creatures and he was already down to 6 lp he was in need to play Supreme Verdict to stabilize. As he overlooked his own Kor haven once (which would have safed him some lp/damage of Tarmogoyf) and my Treetop Village I was able to bring that game home somehow.

to be continued...  

g3 on cockatrice

we both take a free mulligan
he starts with: 4 lands, ancestral vision, demonic tutor and moat
me starting hand: 3 lands, search for tomorrow, nature's lore, temporal manipulatiom and mvp season's past

T1
Larry: Island, Suspend Vision
me: Forest, Suspend Search
T2:
Larry: Serum Vision, Hallowed Fountain
me: Island, Nature's Lore (Overgrown Tomb)
T3:
Larry: Gitaxian Probe, Underground Sea
me: Search resolves, Green Sun's Zenith for 3 (Leovold)
T4:
Larry: Demonic for Swords to Plowsharers to get rid of Leovold
me: Temporal Manipulation (extra turn #1) - dig for answers
me: Season's Past for Misty Rainforest, Nature's Lore, Search and Temporal Manipulation
T5:
Larry: Ancestral Vision resolves, Land + Humility (I have Snapcaster + Eternal Witness in Hand :D)
me: Nature's Lore + Temporal Manipulation (extra turn #2)
me: Search resolves, Preordain from the top, Walk the Aeons (extra turn # 3), Eternal Witness as 1/1
me: Sylvan Library from the top + cast & resolves
T6:
Larry: Sorin (from that moment he had Helm of Obvedience + Rest in Peace in hand) + Token, he should have tried Helm and next turn Rest in Peace imo
me: draw two (Remand + Dig Through Time), play DTT (Time Warp + Force of Will), play Time Warp (extra turn # 4)
me: draw two (Jace, Architect + Arbor Elf), play Jace -2 (Treetop Village over Three Visits + Farseek)
T7:
Larry: Impulse, Wasteland
me: draw two (Season's Past + Mystical Tutor), down to 8 lp, Attack with Treetop which got wasted, Season's Past -> DTT, Time Warp, Treetop Village
as I have Remand, FoW, Mystical in hand I feel quite safe at that moment
T8:
Larry: Elspeth which I Remand / eot Mystical for Season's Past
me: Season's Past -> Mystical, Tec Edge, Temporal Manipulation, Remand for infinite turns and gg!

Thanks for the games!
Far below the earth

Vazdru

r4nd0m (Academy.dec) 2 - Payron (4c Scapeshift) 0

report follows 
Far below the earth

Vazdru

TaZi (Izzet Control) 2 - Georg B (4c Blood) 0

report follows
Far below the earth