Main Menu

[HLL]Scoreboard - Season XXVIII

Started by Vazdru, 02-10-2016, 09:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vazdru

Far below the earth
Where the demons hunt the souls of those that sleep
In the city of the Vazdru and the Drin
Where the black flame burns inside the palace fountain.

Vazdru

Quote from: GoblinPiledriver on 15-11-2016, 11:13:32 PM
Goblin Piledriver(4C-Blood)   vs  K0d013e4st(Sultai)
2:1

Game 1:
The game started smooth for both of us, K0d0 had T1 Deathrite Shaman I had an Elvish Mystic, Turn 2 my Doran was countered by Remand and he played a Ponder. I didn't drew a third land but had a Fyndhorn Elves, Kodo shot the Elf with a Shriekmaw and put a Scavenging Ooze down.
Turn 4 I finally drew my third land and played Tireless Tracker. For my this came already late, K0d0 had the Ooze at 3/3 and a new 4/4 Grim Flayer next to hisSylvan Library. Next we traded the Tracker against the Ooze and K0d0 shot my new Doran with a tutored Abrupt Decay and brought me down to 7 life.
Next turn I can land a Kitchen Finks and a Path to Exile against his Grim Flayer. My next play Kaya(the new Planeswlaker) was countered, Tarmogoyf was bounced by Recoil. We were both low on life while I had the Finks, K0d0 had the Deathrite Shaman. With a red mana source I would had cast Lightning Bolt for the win, but I had to play the whole game with 3 lands. So ot was gg against the Deathrite.

Game 2:
This game I had a much better hand 3 lands, Deathrite Shaman, 2 * 3Drops and a Bloodbraid Elf. Kodo kept 2 lands, 2 counters, Jace-Flipwalker, Glen Elendra and the new 6 life regain spell.
So I could land Loxodon Smiter and Bloodbraid Elf against the Flipwalker, I cascaded into Dromoka's Command which got Force of Will'ed. K0d0 didn't found a third land and played a Tarmogof against my Deathrite Shaman. I censored his hand with a Inquisition and knew how to prevent him from having the 6 life by not using my Shaman activly. K0d0 didn't found a relevant card in his draws or in the Jace and conceded.

Game 3:
I kept a hand with 6 cards: 2 manlands, Grim Lavamancer, 2 * 2Drops and 4Drop. K0d0 kept 5 cards: 2 blue/black cipt lands, Ponder, Witness and Murderous Cut.
Till Turn 2 we had the both start, K0d0 played 2 manlands(he drew U/G manland) and had Ponder as 1Drop. I played 2 manlands and Grim Lavamancer.
Even Turn 3 K0d0 could use his mana perfectly with a Baleful Strix and a Serum Visions. While I had my third manland and a Dark Confidant.
Turn 4 the Confidant revealed Wasteland so I had the mana for Huntmaster of the Fells, K0d0 played the Witness for the Serum Visions.
The next two turns I could censor his Intuition with a Duress shot his creature down and layed deadly damage on the board with a Thrun even against his Cryptic Command.
At the end he still had the Murderous Cut and a fresh drawn Golgari Charm

GG's
Far below the earth

Vazdru

Quote from: Piepser on 18-11-2016, 12:15:26 AM
Piepser RDW - derStefan82 WW
2 - 1

Game 1:

I had to keep a slow 6 card hand. He kept his starting 7 and opened the game with T1 Mother of Runes and T2 Aegis of Gods. My first spell was an T3, but there was no chance for me.

0 - 1

Game 2:

We both kept 7 cards.
Me: Ghitu Encapment, Mountain, Lightning Bolt, Rift Bolt, Chandra's Phoenix, Incinerate, Vexing Devil
He: Tec Edge, Planis, Champion of the Parish, Thorn of the Amethyst, Imposing Sovereign, Containment Priest, Banishing Light

I startet with Ghitu. He with Champion of the Parish. I drawed Magma Jet and passed the turn. He attacked T2 with Champion and played in his second MP Thorn. In response I killed his Champion with Magam Jet and scryed. I found a Mountain and attacked with Ch. Phoenix. He added to his Board Imposing S. and Weathered Wayfarer. After 3 attacks with Ch. Phoenix, he lost against the burn in my hand.

1 - 1

Game 3:

He kept only 5 cards and started game 3 with two 1 drops. I kept 6 cards. He stayed 3 Turns on one land and then on 2 lands for the rest of the game. In the end I killed him with 11 counters on Shrine of Burning Rage and Fireblast.

2 - 1

Thx for the games

Far below the earth

Dr. Opossum

edit Vazdru: typo has been corrected

Quote from: Vazdru on 17-11-2016, 12:19:57 AM
Senshuken (Creatureless UW) – Vazdru (4c Blood)

G1: I keep Llanowar Wastes, Tectonic Edge, Noble Hierarch, Collective Brutality, Tainted Pact, Eternal Witness and Restoration Angel after free mull. He goes down to this five: 2 Fetchlands, Brainstorm, Think Twice and Mystical Tutor. I start with Hierarch into Collective Brutality and took away Brainstrom and not Mystical which is discussable but as he had that much card-disadvantage already and i've had the idea to abuse Eternal Witness +  Restoration Angel for multiple Brutalities so i tried to slow him down as much as possible and take away the option to hide his best spells in Brainstorm. Anyhow I can't find lands anymore and Tainted Pact got Remanded + board cleaned with Verdict. From that on I am unable to cast most of my handcards as they needed White, Red or at least 4 Mana which I've reached far too late  in this game so I've lost vs Elspeth, Knight-Errant and her soldier-army.

G2: I mulled 3 lands, Tasigur, Arc Trail, Anafenza and Maelstrom Pulse into a nice start with T1 Elf, T2 Lily, T3 Thrun on the play obviously which created much preasure on several channels. However is able to shut down Lily with Detention Sphere and Thrun via Council's Judgment. I have Courser + Raging Ravine to refresh my army. His Elspeth dies quickly by Zealous Persecution and a swing. Thanks to Aven Mindcensor his Merchant Scroll became useless as he revealed only Force Spike in top 4 cards, so Aven Mindcensor brought me the victory.

G3: I have a medicore but quite explosive 7: 4 Lands, Lotus Cobra, Birds, Sylvan Caryatid and Gideon, Ally of Zendikar – so i crossed fingers to find some business in the first two-three draws to create some threats. He keeps 2 lands, Ancestral Visions, Swords to Plowshares, Repeal, Think Twice and Treasure Cruise. My first 3 draws were Goyf, Fetchland, Lily the last Hope. T2 i decided to play Goyf over Cobra as i was in fear of Daze or Force Spike so I played land first and didn't gambled (tap land + Birds for Cobra and then landdrop for trigger Cobra for playing Goyf) – which seams unnecessary to me in this game state. So i have t3 Cobra into Fetchland into Lili, the last hope. Next turn i've added Gideon so he had to fight many threats on the board which worked somehow as he drew a mass of cards but fortunatly for me he can't find lands so Lilis Emblem, Sword of Fire and Ice and some critters overwhelmed his attemps to stay alive.

1:2

Quote from: Iulus on 20-11-2016, 07:47:03 PM
Iulus with Green-Devotion 2
derStefan82 with WW 0

Game 1: Devoted Druid into Turn 4 Primeval Titan, he has Cataclysm but Titan + Gaea's Cradle win the game
Game 2: We both start with 6. I keep one Forest, Birds of Paradise and Voyaging Satyr. Although i have only two forests till the end of the game i was able to play Hornet Queen and Decimator of the Provinces for the win.

Quote from: Payron on 24-11-2016, 08:43:51 PM
GoblinPildriver (4c Blood) vs Payron (Izzet-Control)

Game 1
https://youtu.be/UHEpSQMDRyU

Game 2
https://youtu.be/kTX5oLkrkng

Game 3
https://youtu.be/OgpIEVKY190

Kodobeast vs. Tazi

Report still missing

Vazdru

Quote from: Payron on 24-11-2016, 08:43:51 PM
GoblinPildriver (4c Blood) vs Payron (Izzet-Control)

Game 1
https://youtu.be/UHEpSQMDRyU

Game 2
https://youtu.be/kTX5oLkrkng

Game 3
https://youtu.be/OgpIEVKY190

close games :)
g3 Piledriver should have played Confidant at 8 lp vs 1 lp imo - if you cant find an additional blocker you have to use Jace to get rid off Confidant ... imo he needs to gamble somehow in his situation, however..ggs

you will have at least 3 more at semis
Far below the earth

Vazdru

TaZi vs Vazdru 3:0
reports follow
Far below the earth

Payron

Liga games: Tazi (4c Scapeshift) vs Vazdru (4c Blood)

G1: https://youtu.be/_2_6RSXBsxs
G2: https://youtu.be/-4PdFpTF_ds
G3: https://youtu.be/_T-wRJpGOBc

Vazdru

g1:
i play Inquisition over Quasli T2 to dodge Arc Trail and/or clear the way for Gideon T3
missed the +1 loyalty counter on Gidon  ::) oh jesus...fortunatly it haven't had any effect on the outcome

g2:
short story: poor gameplan Wasteland + Witness (which can be good vs Scapeshift sometimes) got wrecked by LftL :)
free mulligan would have been the better choice

g3:
to many expectations on my Sylvan Library vs Combo Control
should have drawn 3 cards first draw step right away
free mulligan would have been the better choice anyway

thx for the coverage ! :D although games (except 1) were a bit one-sided ;)
Far below the earth

Vazdru

goblinpiledriver (4c Blood) wins 3:1 vs Payron (Izzet-Control)

Report follows
Far below the earth

GoblinPiledriver

GoblinPiledriver (4C-Blood)   vs   Payron (Izzet)
3:1

Game 1:
We both had a quick start me with a T1 Llanowar Elves T2 Kitchen Finks, and Payron with a T2 Spellskite T3 Dack Fayden, but I had Dromoka's Command for the double kill. Payron censored my hand with a Vendilion Clique while I had Karakas to clear the way for my Kitchen Finks. I drew another green Elf and Payron found the Arc Trail for for his double kill. He played Opt twice with Snapcaster Mage and had T5 Mystic Confluence for Card Draw bounce Snapcaster and Kitchen Finks, I responded by killing Snappy. Next my Kitchen Finks was countered but my Doran t.S.T came through. He had only 8 life, but he played Blood Moon, so I was out of the game with Doran as my only hope. The next turns he drew only once a Spellskite and I won.

Game 2:
Payron's Izzet was extremly aggressive with Young Pyromancer, Thing in the Ice and Goblin Rabblemaster till T4. Of course he had the spells for Titi and the Pyro. With Courser of Kruphix I stopped the Rabblemaster and with Arc Trail I killed the Pyro. As the Thing had only one Ice counter I found the Maelstrom Pulse. But he still had 2 1/1 tokens. I topdecked Lingering Souls, so that his flashed Sulfur Elemental can ridicule me. I killed this Elemental to slowly die against the tokens. I still had a few lifepoints but against Back to Basics the game was over.

Game 3:
This game began slow for both of us. He counters so I didn't had pressure, but again my Kitchen Finks came through. As I had Thalia, Heretic Cathar and a tapped Stirring Wildwood he played Thing in the Ice and Grim Lavamancer. Both can't block, he had 11 lifes and I fresh drew a Lightning Bolt. I played Nissa, Voice of Zendikar to produced two +1/1 counters which makes 8 damage(Thalia+Finks). The final spell Lightning Bolt was countered by Mental Misstep. Both 4/3 creatures were out of range for his Grim Lavamancer, he still shot one creature with Flame Slash and Nissa with the Lavamancer. But with the Stirring Wildwood I won on the next attack.

Game 4:
Turn 2 I topdecked the second black mana for Hymn to Tourach hiting Jace, Vryn's Prodigy and a land. I had Karakas in my hand so this wasn't lucky. I was flooded and so I played Courser of Kruphix to not drew additional lands, which didn't worked the turn I played the Courser. We traded a few spells, I played Tainted Pact to not drew another land but for finding an Arc Trail against his Goblin Rabblemaster  and a his Goblin token. As I played Tasigur t.G.F. he had a Ruination. Since I was flooded I still had lands. With 5 lands on the table and the Thing on 2 Ice counters he played Fact or Fiction, to find a land a cheap spell to activate the 7/8 bouncing Horror. He didn't had that luck. But I found a removal for the Thing. The next turn he chump blocked the Tasigur with a Vendilion Clique and shot the Courser with a Flame Slash. As he still had 3 cards on hand he was out of answers for the 4/5, and the game was over.

Random Thoughts:
Close games, this time 3:1 last time 1:2, which makes 4:3 combined.
4 games with 2 planeswalker total, but 2 Kitchen Finks, 2 Courser of Kruphix, 2 Goblin Rabblemaster, 2 Thing in the Ice.
I slowly doubt the efficiency of Courser of Kruphix and Thing in the Ice, all creatures which need time are problematic.
Throw enough goblins at any problem and it should go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer goblins.

TaZi

TaZi 3-0 GoblinPiledriver

I will comment the games again with Payron. Until then I moved the replays into my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/np5lfxnfq749lth/AAB9uzhKwgHwmfzFGcbhHPc3a?dl=0

(however the games where quite onesided with rather weak draws on the Goblins side)

Payron